Randall-Reilly Business Media & Information has announced the finalists in its Trucking’s Top Rookie program. The program, which received several nominations, is designed to increase pride and professionalism among new drivers, and to promote truck driving as a career choice during a severe driver shortage.
An expert panel of judges, which included representatives from motor carriers, training schools (both public and private), suppliers and trade associations, have named 10 finalists. Two of the finalists are Crete Carrier drivers: Jackie Rhodes and Damon Frazee.
More than $20,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded to these deserving drivers at a ceremony on Friday, August 26 during the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas. Trucking’s Top Rookie will be chosen from 10 finalists, and will receive a variety of prizes that are listed below. The other nine finalists will each receive $500 in cash and a variety of other prizes.
- $10,000 cash
- One-year complimentary membership in the National Association of Independent Truckers
- A Year’s supply of 5-Hour Energy drinks
- RoadPro Getting Started Living On-The-Go Package
- NAIT OGIO briefcase and duffle bag
- American Trucking Associations “Good Stuff Trucks Bring I” package
- A GPS unit and CB radio from COBRA Electronics
- 1 year of free access to Pro-Tread training from Instructional
Congratulations to the Crete Carrier drivers who were nominated as finalists. We wish you the best of luck on Friday, August 26, at the Great American Truck Show!