Crete Carrier Corporation takes pride in hiring the most professional truck drivers the industry has to offer. See our qualifications below.
- Valid Class A CDL
- TWIC Card and Alabama coil certificate required for Hunt Transportation.
- Four months verifiable tractor trailer experience* (Crete Carrier and Shaffer Trucking)
- One year verifiable tractor trailer experience (Hunt Transportation)
- Has passed the required company and DOT physical, the required drug test and the company in-truck driving test, and otherwise meets DOT requirements
- Has a stable, verifiable work history
- Has attained the minimum age of 22 years
- Has an acceptable driving record as reflected by MVR and PSP with no major preventable accident in the most recent five years
- No DUI or DWI convictions or positive drug screens or events in the past five years
- Be able to perform functions set forth in the job description
* Crete Carrier and Shaffer Trucking also accept qualified student drivers who have graduated from an approved school.
Orientation Schedule and Pay
As part of the employment process, all applicants cleared for hire by Crete Carrier or Shaffer Trucking will be required to attend orientation at one of our four orientation locations: Lincoln, Nebraska; Lenoir City, Tennessee; New Kingstown, Pennsylvania; or Wilmer, Texas. Hunt Transportation drivers will attend in Omaha, Nebraska. Company drivers will be provided transportation to the orientation site, lodging, and meals. In addition, company drivers will be paid $170 upon successful completion of orientation.
In the classroom we utilize electronic onboarding to minimize paperwork and use a self-paced Learning Management System for some of the training. New drivers are introduced to our mobile technology, a review of safety guidelines, and our equipment and maintenance program.
Drivers will go through a pre-trip inspection, coupling/uncoupling procedure, and a road course to make sure you are ready to drive the open road.
We participate in required DOT urinalysis along with hair follicle testing.
We offer a one-on-one, hands-on training program that allows the trainer to be with you at all times to answer any questions you may have. All of our trainers have at least two years of experience with the industry knowledge to help you be successful.
We offer our trainees $700/week while training, and when training concludes we offer a higher rate of pay of $.39 per practical mile for Crete Carrier and $.41 for Shaffer Trucking. Once the trainee reaches six months of employment, he or she will receive an increase in the starting pay based on the specific fleet they will be driving on.
No Team Driving During Training
Our specialized training program does not allow for 24-hour team driving. We believe that our trainees deserve hands-on supervised training in order to learn the necessary skills need to be a professional truck driver.
If you have questions about our program or other opportunities please call a driver recruiter at 800-998-2221.