Crete Carrier Corporation
The Crete Carrier story starts in Crete, Nebraska, back in 1966 with our very first customer, ALPO dog food, and six leased trailers. Our operations may have been small, but we believed big things were just around the bend.
- 1971: Crete Carrier Corporation is purchased by Duane and Phyllis Acklie.
- 1973: Relocated to our current corporate headquarters in Lincoln, Nebraska,
and made four company acquisitions.
- 1974: Acquired Shaffer Trucking, a temperature-sensitive carrier out of New Kingstown, Pennsylvania.
- 1979: Purchased Sunflower Carriers and merged the company with Shaffer Trucking to create a single refrigerated trucking division.
- 1987: Hilt Truck Lines joined the family and merged with Crete Carrier as the dry van division.
- 1999: Acquired Hunt Transportation and added a flatbed and specialized freight
division to Crete Carrier Corporation.
Today, Crete Carrier has grown into a transporter of virtually any product and operates more than 5,000 power units and over 13,000 trailers throughout the continental United States. While this makes us one of the largest trucking companies in the world, we will always deliver on the little things that matter most to our customers.