CALIFORNIA DRIVING JOBS
Crete Carrier and Shaffer Trucking are not currently hiring out of California. If you are considering a move to another state please check out our available opportunities.
We’re a Certified Top Pay Carrier and the top 50 percent of our drivers average over $103,904 per year. Starting pay ranges from $.64 to $.70 cpm depending on the fleet and your experience.
We’ve also recently raised our governed truck speed to 68 MPH on the cruise and 65 MPH on the pedal, allowing our drivers to log their miles and get to their destinations faster and more efficiently.
You can call one of our helpful recruiters anytime or apply online.
ADDITIONAL DRIVER RESOURCES
Qualifications and Onboarding
Crete Carrier Corporation strives to be the best trucking company in the nation. We strive to bring on experienced drivers with top safety records. We require:
- Valid Class A CDL
- One year of tractor-trailer experience
- DOT physical and drug test (urinalysis and follicle testing)
- Company in-truck driving test
- Acceptable safety record with no preventable accidents in past 5 years
- No DUI or DWI convictions in past 5 years
- No positive drug screens or events in past 5 years
- Minimum age of 22
- Owner operator trucks must scale 44,500 pounds
- Locations: Lincoln, NE, Lenoir City, TN, Mechanicsburg, PA, and Wilmer, TX
- Hunt Transportation orientation in Omaha, NE
- Owner operators paid $.40 per mile to deadhead to orientation site
- Lodging and meals paid
- Classroom training and road test
- 401k retirement account with company match
- Profit sharing after one year of service - $12 million in profit was shared with employees in 2020 alone
- Health, dental and vision at company group rates
- Discounts offers from retailers and service providers
- Driver achievement recognition
- Higher education scholarships for dependents
- Driver referral bonus of $500 for every hire upon completion of orientation
- Additional $0.03 per mile referral bonus for every mile your referral drives in their first 12 months of employment
Policies and Programs
At Crete Carrier, Shaffer Trucking, and Hunt Transportation, we think it’s important for our drivers to have a healthy work-life balance. That’s why you can always take friends and family out on the open road with you with our no-cost rider policy.
Authorized passengers include:
- One child, stepchild, foster-child, niece, nephew, or grandchild 4 years of age or younger (provided they are accompanied by the non-driving spouse or adult)
- One child, stepchild, foster-child, niece, nephew, or grandchild 5–18 years of age, with or without the non-driving spouse or adult
- One adult 19 years or older
Pet Policy Program
And for family members of the four-legged variety, Crete Carrier and Shaffer Trucking are allowed to have two dogs or cats on the truck. Their combined weight cannot exceed 60 pounds.
Driver Referral Program
The Driver Referral Bonus just got better! You’ll receive $500 when your referred driver completes orientation and any required training. AND you’ll get $.03 for every mile they drive during their first 12 months of employment. Our drivers are our best recruiters. Share your Crete/Shaffer experience and get a nice bonus.
Our drivers enjoy year-round discounts and special offers from several national and local companies. The truck driving program includes everything from cellphones to restaurants.
Dependents attending an accredited 2- or 4-year college/university anywhere in the United States are eligible to apply annually for scholarships. Additional scholarships target students attending the University of Nebraska and Southeast Community College in Nebraska.
Million Mile Program
Once a driver has exceeded one million career miles driven, they join the Million Mile Club. Decals are added to the driver’s truck to recognize this achievement.
Safe Driver Program
Earn awards for safe driving! We follow the ATA guidelines when honoring your commitment to safety. The criteria we follow are 12 months of employment, 100,000 miles/year, and no preventable accidents in the last 12 months. The awards that can be received include ATA pins, patches, cards, certificates, award letters, plaques, safe driving rings, dangles, and rings with diamond chips.