OUR LEGACY OF ACHIEVEMENT FORMS THE FOUNDATION FOR OUR FUTURE
The three divisions of Crete Carrier Corporation share a proud legacy of innovative leaders and dedicated drivers that influence our actions today as we strive to be the best trucking company in the country.
Crete Carrier Corporation
The Crete Carrier Corporation story starts in Crete, Nebraska, in 1966. We began with six leased trailers and our very first customer, ALPO dog food. Our operation was small, but big things were just around the bend.
- 1971: Crete Carrier Corporation is purchased by Duane and Phyllis Acklie.
- 1973: Relocated to our current corporate headquarters in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- 1974: Acquired Shaffer Trucking, a temperature-sensitive carrier based in New Kingstown, Pennsylvania.
- 1979: Purchased Sunflower Carriers and eventually merged the company with Shaffer Trucking to create a single refrigerated trucking division.
- 1987: Hilt Truck Lines joined the family and merged with Crete Carrier, expanding the dry van division.
- 1999: Acquired Hunt Transportation which added a flatbed and specialized freight division to Crete Carrier Corporation.
Today, Crete Carrier Corporation has grown into a transporter of virtually any product and operates more than 5,000 tractors and over 13,000 trailers throughout the continental United States. While this makes us one of the largest trucking companies in the world, we will always deliver on the little things that matter most to our customers.
Founded in 1937 in New Kingstown, Pennsylvania, Shaffer Trucking has a proud history of serving the nation’s largest food and temperature-sensitive shippers. Shaffer started out as one of the first domestic shippers of confectionery products. Today, we’re proud to be the premier transportation supplier to the candy, confection, and beverage industries, delivering more candy than any other carrier.
Since joining Crete Carrier Corporation in 1974, Shaffer Trucking has continued to build on its reputation as one of the nation’s premier providers of temp controlled services. The merger with Sunflower Carriers, another Crete Carrier Corporation company, created one of the largest refrigerated transportation fleets in the country.
Today, Shaffer provides coast-to-coast national and dedicated fleet services, operating over 1,000 tractors and 2,800 state-of-the-art trailers.
Hunt Transportation, Inc. has been providing continuous transportation service since 1927. Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, Hunt has a storied history, from hauling livestock in the early years to today as one of the nation’s premier flatbed and specialized transportation providers.
Hunt joined the Crete Carrier Corporation family of companies in 1999 and currently operates more than 250 tractors and 600 flatbed, drop-deck, RGN, and curtain-side trailers serving the 48 contiguous states. Hunt Transportation transports agricultural and construction equipment and any material that requires flatbed equipment.