Crete Carrier Corporation takes pride in hiring the most professional truck drivers the industry has to offer. See our qualifications below.
- Valid Class A CDL
- TWIC Card and Alabama coil certificate required for Hunt Transportation.
- One year verifiable tractor trailer experience
- Has passed the required company and DOT physical, the required drug test and the company in-truck driving test, and otherwise meets DOT requirements
- Has a stable, verifiable work history
- Has attained the minimum age of 22 years
- Has an acceptable driving record as reflected by MVR and PSP with no major preventable accident in the most recent five years
- No DUI or DWI convictions or positive drug screens or events in the past five years
- Be able to perform functions set forth in the job description
If you already own your truck, we require it to be able to scale 44,500 lbs. That means your truck will need to weigh no more than 19,500 lbs. with 50 gallons of fuel on board.
Orientation Schedule and Pay
As part of the employment process, all applicants cleared for hire by Crete Carrier or Shaffer Trucking will be required to attend orientation at one of our four orientation locations: Lincoln, Nebraska; Lenoir City, Tennessee; New Kingstown, Pennsylvania; or Wilmer, Texas. Hunt Transportation drivers will attend in Omaha, Nebraska.
Owner operators are paid $.40 as a fuel surcharge to deadhead from their home location or last location to the nearest orientation site. Lodging and meals are paid for while attending orientation.
In the classroom we utilize electronic onboarding to minimize paperwork and use a self-paced Learning Management System for some of the training. New drivers are introduced to our mobile technology, a review of safety guidelines, and our equipment and maintenance program.
Drivers will go through a pre-trip inspection, coupling/uncoupling procedure, and a road course to make sure you are ready to drive the open road.
We participate in required DOT urinalysis along with hair follicle testing.
If you have questions about our program or other opportunities, please call a driver recruiter at 800-998-2221.